Children's Dental Health Associates
Why Fix Baby Teeth?
If your child experiences tooth decay or other damage to their teeth, there are several reasons to fix their baby teeth. This includes:
- Primary teeth are important since they guide proper eruption of permanent teeth
- Every child's smile affects their self esteem and confidence
- Primary teeth assist in the development of a child's speech
- Primary teeth help our young patients maintain proper nutrition with proper chewing
- Untreated baby teeth can have negative effects on the development of permanent teeth
- Untreated teeth can result in the child suffering from severe pain and the developing of an abscess. An abscess is when pus develops in a cavity formed within a tissue because of an inflammatory process in response to an infection. If the pus is not drained, the area can get more swollen and painful.
For more information about how Children’s Dental Associates is dedicated to preserving and fixing your child’s teeth, or to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. We look forward to meeting you and your child!
Chester/Delaware/Montgomery County: 610-622-1949
Cumberland/Lancaster/Dauphin/York County: 717-295-4400
Philadelphia County: 215-383-1376
Berks/Lehigh/Northampton County: 610-914-1700